Reckless driving is considered to be an offense of substantial illegitimacy, where accused is convicted to the class 1 misdemeanor. Any individual found guilty of driving rashly with a speed approaching to 80 miles per hour while putting people and property around in danger falls under the category of reckless driving charge. Reckless driving is considered to be the most dangerous and serious offense of all traffic offenses, as it puts life of others at risk. Residents of Shenandoah Virginia usually confuse it with that of improper driving, while it is completely different than it. Improper driving refers to the act of driving carelessly or in a manner that is violating the traffic code of Virginia.
Although reckless driving is a serious offense, its penalty however can slightly be lowered reaching the level of improper driving. A person charged of reckless driving is convicted to the category of Class 1 Misdemeanor under the light of which following punishments are imposed onto the accused:
- Accused is charged with a heavy fine of up to $2500 at maximum;
- Accused is charged of an imprisonment for a time period of six months or maximum of twelve months;
- Accused’s driving record is charged with six demerit points. These points are stay on his or her record for eleven months;
- Accused’s driving license is suspended on temporary basis for a particular period of time.
Offender can however, argue in the court against the penalties imposed by supporting the stance that although he or she was driving recklessly, it was safe. This can reduce imposed penalties on the accused to the category of improper driving charge. In that case following punishments will be imposed on the accused:
- Accused is charged with a fine of up to $500 at maximum;
- Accused is charged with three DMV points on the driving record. These points stay on the driving record for three years;
- Accused in not enforced to an imprisonment;
- Driving license of accused is not suspended.
This ensures that any penalties charged in case of an improper driving offense is far lesser than that of a reckless driving offense. Therefore, one must strive hard in order to overcome such awful circumstances. Anyhow, the accused cannot deal with all circumstances alone, as it becomes hectic enough to face courts and police investigators alone. For this purpose one needs a legal attorney who can deal with such cases proficiently.
In case if you require a legal expert, you can contact Law offices of SRIS P.C, we deal in all sorts of legal charges. We have an affluent history of traffic violation charges, in which we have successfully provided our client’s with reckless driving solutions. All what you have to do is contact any of our attorneys and fix a meeting with us. Rest of the details will be discussed in the meetings. Our goal is to ensure your safety and satisfaction.